If you’re in the process of remodeling your home, you’ll likely need to find a way to store your belongings temporarily. Here are four tips to help make the process a little bit easier.
1. Rent a storage unit
If you have a big remodeling project or you still don’t have enough space to store everything, you may want to consider renting a storage unit. This is a great option if you’re not sure how long the remodeling process will take.
Storage unit rental is popular in Australia because of the convenience it offers. As evident at one notable storage service provider, Mammoth Self Storage on the Sunshine Coast, you have self-storage solutions for both short-term and long-term use. If your remodel is going to take more than a few weeks, it might be worth renting a storage unit to store your belongings. This will keep them safe and out of the way while you work. Just be sure to measure the space in your home before you rent a unit, so you know how much room you’ll have for your things when the remodel is finished.
2. Use boxes or plastic bins
Using boxes or plastic bins is a great way to keep your belongings organized and easily accessible. It’s also a good idea to label each box or bin with what it contains, so you don’t have to search through them every time you need something. Below are some effective ways you can store your stuff in boxes or plastic bins.
- Label each box or bin with what it contains. This will make it easier to find your things when you need them again.
- Store items you don’t need daily in boxes or bins. This will free up space in your home so you can work on the remodel.
- Place heavier boxes and bins on the bottom and lighter ones on top. This will help keep everything stable during transport.
- Keep fragile items in boxes or bins with extra paddings, like bubble wrap or newspaper. This will help protect them from damage during transit.
Also, keep in mind to pack wisely. When packing your belongings, make sure to pack heavier items on the bottom and lighter items on top. This will help keep everything in place and avoid any damage during transport. If you’re packing fragile items, be sure to use bubble wrap or packing peanuts to protect them from scratches or bumps.
3. Store items in different areas of the house
When remodeling your home, one of the inevitable tasks is moving all of your belongings out of the way so the work can be done. This can be a huge hassle, but there are ways to make it a little bit easier. If you have enough storage space, try to spread out your belongings throughout the house. This will help keep everything organized and make it easier to find what you need when you need it. Here are some tips for storing your stuff in different locations of your home during a remodel:
- Use an attic, basement, or garage to store furniture and other large items. This will free up space in your main living area and make it easier to move around.
- Pack away smaller items in boxes and label them clearly so you can find them later. This will keep the work area tidy and make it easy to put everything back when the remodel is finished.
- Put coats and other seasonal items in a closet or storage area. You don’t want to have to move these every time you need to get to something else.
- Keep important documents and belongings with you. You don’t want to have to search for these when the work is finished.
4. Use furniture to store things
If you don’t have enough storage space in your home, you can use furniture to temporarily store your belongings. For example, you can use a coffee table to store books and magazines or a dresser to store clothes. Rather than using boxes and stacking them in a corner, use furniture instead. This will help free up space and make your remodel go more smoothly.
If you have limited closet space, use a dresser to store your clothes. This will help keep them organized and off the floor. An armoire is a perfect place to store linens. You can easily access them when you need them, and they’ll be out of the way when you’re not using them. Using a nightstand to store toiletries is another solution. If you don’t have much counter space, use a nightstand to store your toiletries. This will keep them organized and easy to access.
Follow these tips and you’ll be able to store your belongings safely and securely during a remodel. For more information on storing your stuff, contact a professional storage company in your area. They’ll be able to give you more tips and advice on how to make the process easier for you.