How Visitor Management Systems Makes Things Easier for Customers
Visitor management systems are becoming increasingly popular and for good reason. That’s probably one of the most significant reasons behind the market growth. According to Future Market and Insights, the global visitor management systems market is projected to grow to $5,940.32 million in 2033.
These systems can help businesses enhance their customer experience and improve how they manage their visitors. A visitor management system is a software platform that enables organizations to streamline the check-in process and provide a more personalized experience for people visiting the building.
This article discusses how visitor management systems can enhance customer experience.
Quick Overview of Common Features of Visitor Management Systems
Visitor management systems are used to manage the flow of visitors to your business. They help with visitor check-in and check-out, as well as managing badges and visitor records. Visitor management systems can also manage access control, security, and compliance for your organization’s facility or campus.
Visitor management software is invaluable for companies that want to streamline their operations by reducing manual processes while increasing productivity and efficiency within their organization.
There are many reasons to use a visitor management system for your business. As Greetly, a visitor management software platform, lists out, using a visitor management system can offer numerous benefits, including improved brand recognition, modern-looking reception, reduced waiting time, enhanced security, etc. All these factors can help improve customer experience, now the most significant brand differentiator.
Streamlining the Check-In Process
Visitor management software streamlines the check-in process with a visitor management system. This includes checking in, checking out, and tracking visitors to your building or facility. The software also allows you to create custom workflows for each type of visitor so that you can define how they are handled from start to finish.
In addition to managing visitors effectively, there are other benefits of using a visitor management system:
- Cost savings: Visitor management software helps save money by reducing labor costs associated with manually processing employees’ time sheets and running reports.
- Improved visibility into work happening across departments: With real-time data on who’s doing what at any given moment, managers can make better decisions about where their teams need more resources.
Personalizing the Visitor Experience
Personalization is a great way to enhance the visitor experience. A visitor management system can personalize or individualize the visitor experience in several ways. For example:
- Kiosks allow you to customize content based on a person’s location and interests. This helps visitors feel like they are getting exactly what they want from their visit.
- Mobile apps allow users to create an account that stores their personal information to be accessed anytime during their stay at your property. This feature will help them feel more comfortable using technology during their visit and connect them with other guests who have also signed up for your app.
- Online portals allow visitors to access all their reservation details from anywhere in real time, even if they don’t have access through another device such as a phone or tablet.
According to Forbes, visitor management kiosks, portals, and apps have made headway into the market after Covid-19. This is because they offer remote registration, approvals for check-in, touchless entry, and protection of visitor information. All of these can help personalize experiences, as customers can self-serve themselves in the best way they want.
Visitor management systems can be used to enhance security, too.
- Biometrics: This technology recognizes physical characteristics like fingerprints or iris scans to identify someone. Moreover, there are also systems that make it fast to do biometric scans within a few seconds. 90% of those interviewed in a sample study in 2021 mentioned it being fast and easy to use.
- Facial recognition is another way to recognize people based on their faces. It’s often used with other methods like voice recognition or hand geometry.
Enhancing Customer Experience with Analytics
Visitor management systems are not just about improving the efficiency of your business.
Visitor management analytics tracks a lot of information about the visitors to your website, including:
- Who they are
- Where they’re coming from
- How long do they stay on the site?
This data can be used to create custom reports that show which pages are most popular with certain groups of people or what content resonates with them most strongly.
Integrating Visitor Management Systems with Other Business Systems
Integrating your visitor management system with other business systems is a good way to increase functionality and usability. For example, you could integrate your CRM (customer relationship management) software with your VMS to ensure visitors are automatically added to the CRM database once they’ve completed their visit.
You can also sync up with accounting software to automatically update payment information when a customer pays their bill or makes an online reservation. Many such integrations exist that can make your operations much easier so that you can focus on offering the best services to your customers.
Best Practices for Implementing a Visitor Management System
Although a visitor management system is very helpful, you must implement it correctly for the best results. Here are some best practices for implementing a visitor management system.
- Create a plan. A visitor management system is not something you can implement overnight, and it’s essential to have a clear idea of your goals before you begin.
- Use a phased approach. It’s also important not to bite off more than you can chew by trying to do everything simultaneously. You want your visitors’ experience with your organization or business to be positive from start to finish, so take things one step at a time.
- Start with the basics and expand as needed. Whether adding new features or finding ways for employees who use the software day-in and day-out to find ways they can help improve customer service even further through its use. This will ensure everyone continues getting value out of their investment over time and keep customers coming back again and again too.
Potential Challenges and Solutions for Implementing Visitor Management Systems
The biggest challenge is cost. Implementing a visitor management system can be expensive, and some businesses may not feel they can afford it. However, this should not be an issue if you want to provide an enhanced customer experience.
You can start small by using the system for just one department or area of your business until you see how well it works before extending its use across other areas of your company.
Another potential challenge is a lack of understanding about why implementing such a system would benefit customers and staff alike and a lack of time to train staff members on how best to use the software systems once implemented.
We hope this article has provided a good overview of how visitor management systems can enhance customer experience. As we’ve seen, there are many ways to use these systems to personalize the visitor experience, streamline check-ins and security checks, and improve overall efficiency. It’s important to remember that implementing these tools is not always easy, so you must research before purchasing one or hiring an agency to help build it.