Your Secret To Sexy Skin Starts In The Stomach
Do You Have Any Of These Symptoms?
- Bloating after and in-between most meals
- Abdominal pain, indigestion, heartburn, diarrhea, and/or constipation
- Constant brain fog that worsens after meals
- Migraine headaches
- Seasonal allergies or asthma
- Autoimmune diseases, such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, or psoriasis
- Skin issues, such as acne, rosacea, hives, rashes, or eczema
- Depression, anxiety, ADD, or ADHD
- Chronic fatigue
- Recurrent yeast infections or candida overgrowth
Don’t Go Chasing Waterfalls: Why Gut TLC Is Your Secret to Sexy Skin
If this resonates with you, there’s a good chance that your gut health is simply in need of some old-fashioned TLC. In recent years, scientists have been continuously proving the power of the gut-brain axis. Our gut microbiome harmoniously connects with every system in our body. Notably, disruptions in our gut health has been linked to virtually every chronic disease. This includes villains such as cancer, dementia and autoimmune diseases.
Importantly, there’s a direct link between the gut microbiome and your skin. We’ve talked about how gut health is directly associated with life-diminishing illnesses such as depression and anxiety. Meanwhile, skin conditions such as acne and psoriasis are also a reflection of an internal problem residing in your stomach. Applying ointments on your skin can be helpful. However, you’ll be getting the most bang for your buck by attacking the problem from the inside. However, the good news is that becoming worry-free of future blemishes and breakouts is attainable.
Your Simple Steps To Save Your Skin:
- Say Hello to Hydration: Studies show that our skin contains approximately 30 percent water. First, for plumper and more resilient skin, try to get 2 liters of clean filtered water in daily.
- Protect with The Power of Probiotics: First, look for lactobacillus and bifidophilus strains. These are the most reliable, important and easiest to find. Also, the healthy bacteria found in foods such as yogurt will help to increase your skin’s elasticity, reduce wrinkles and ultimately aid in clearer skin.
- Your Secret Weapon: Digestive Enzymes are crucial in your road to better skin health. Notably, adding in these supplements will reduce inflammation and promote tissue repair. First, the best formulas are blended for maximum effectiveness using wide pH ranges. Next, look for the inclusion of ingredients of amylase, protease, lactase and lipase. Also, enjoy these enzymes in foods such as sprouted seeds, figs, mango, pineapple, avocados, and bananas. Importantly, this wellness warrior will work synergistically with your probiotics. Both aiding in the fight for your beautiful, blemish-free skin.
- Befriend Your Favorite Fermented Foods: These aid in the digestion and the absorption of minerals and nutrients. Certainly, Fermented foods are your skin’s new best friend. The fermentation process predigests the food which allows the nutrients to be more bioavailable. Most notably, our favorites are bone broth, fiber-rich foods such as oats and barley, sauerkraut, apple cider vinegar, and cultured dairy like yogurt and kefir.
- Power up with Antioxidant Superfoods: Certainly, these bad boys should become a staple in your food fuel. They aid in helping to fight free radicals and repair cell damage. Enjoy these in any vibrantly colored vegetables; fish; mushrooms; legumes; seeds; leeks, onions, and garlic; green tea; and black tea.
Essentially, your flawless complexion is directly affected by what’s going on above and below the surface. Most importantly, by nourishing your body with these stomach satisfying secrets you’ll feel better physically, mentally and emotionally. Start implementing these simple steps today and flaunt your new sexy, sun-kissed glow all year long.
Sarah Rose Reichert
Sarah Rose is a Los Angeles-based photographer, designer and journalist. She's also an integrative nutritionist and sports trainer with a love for holistic wellness. When she's not out on the field, you can find her exploring the coast in her ’97 blue Tacoma pickup, packed up with her surfboard and pup Honey.