in

Higher Standards: Next Level Shopping For The Cannabis Connoisseur

Millennial Magazine- Higher Standards

As the cannabis industry grows into a retail enterprise, it must begin to act in accordance with traditional point of sale strategies. Moreover, although cannabis is highly regulated and mandated to remain behind glass displays, smoke accessories, cleaning solutions and collectibles can be freely shared with the public in a conventional business setting.

One shop leading the revolution is Higher Standards, a bicoastal bricks-and-mortar retailer known for giving cannabis connoisseurs the tools they need for the perfect smoking experience. Their handcrafted glass products made from 100% medical-grade borosilicate glass are made with a true connoisseur in mind—those who put flavor first.

Inside its two flagship outlets in Chelsea, NY and Malibu, CA, Higher Standards has created a luxury cannabis shopping environment that provides aficionados with all the paraphernalia they need to enjoy their favorite flower and concentrates. From an assortment of high-end vaporizers by Pax and Storz & Bickel to Higher Standards’ own line of sturdy, U.S.-made glass water pipes and pipe-cleaning supplies presented in minimalist black and white packaging, the crew at Higher Standards has you covered.

Co-founded by Sasha Kadey, a former cosmetic industry executive, Higher Standards attributes a sophisticated retail environment to their success with over 60% of their inventory dedicated to the consumption of cannabis and the other 40% dedicated to a cannabis lifestyle. With cement floors, brick walls, and high ceilings, Higher Standards looks more like a home decor boutique than a smoke shop, which is perfect for the customer who seeks a normalized shopping experience.

Millennial Magazine- Higher StandardsThe store is stocked with items that are meant to appeal to people who enjoy the finer things in life, including their own line of upscale care and maintenance tools. These products leave smoking accessories clean and functioning at their best so that they taste great.

According to Kadey, “People pay top dollar for their dry herb or concentrate, and then they might go home and smoke it out of a dirty pipe. That’s akin to buying a really nice steak and eating it off of a dirty plate – you shouldn’t be paying hard earned money for flavor only to mute it by smoking it out of something dirty.”

And we couldn’t agree more.

From custom storage jars, ashtrays and glass bowls to branded ball caps and hoodies, Higher Standards breathes life into the dreary, penitentiary atmosphere of the old head shop. With colorful shelves lined with designer products such as Malin+Goetz’s cannabis candles, funky Jonathan Adler stoneware jars labeled “ganja”, branded Higher Standards cleaning supplies, and books like David Bienenstock’s “How to Smoke Pot (Properly): A Highbrow Guide to Getting High” you will surely find you next “must have” smoke accessory or classic gift to celebrate stoner culture.

What do you think?

Written by Heather Redding

Heather Redding is a tech enthusiast and freelance writer. She is a coffee-addict who enjoys swimming and reading. Street photography is her newly discovered artistic outlet and she likes to capture life's little moments with her camera.

Millennial Magazine- embrace spring

Let’s Embrace Spring to Create Serenity in Our Homes

Millennial Magazine- black slide shoes

Style Guide: Match Black Slide Shoes with Skirts