What You Should Know About Breast Enlargement
Body modification is extremely popular today, taking rise with the ever-growing beauty standards of society. One of the most commonly desired modifications, especially for women is breast enlargement. It is a procedure that augments and increases the volume of a woman’s breast through several means. This will result in more shape and appeal. But before getting this kind of procedure, it’s vital to know more about it first.
Breast Enlargement: Cosmetic Surgery
It’s no secret that plastic surgery for breast enlargement is ever so popular. Especially with celebrity makeovers and TV shows like Keeping Up With the Kardashians and The Celebrity Plastic Surgeons of Beverly Hills that really glamorize these extreme augmentations. But there are also TV shows like Botched that show the other, more unpleasant side of plastic surgery. So if you are leaning towards the side of cosmetic surgery for your breast enlargement, there are many things you should first consider.
Do Your Research
The most important thing about breast enlargement is to do your research to find a good doctor. Do you know how in life there are just some things you don’t go cheap on, like batteries or hair dye? Well, plastic surgery is one of those things and it’s not as easy to fix a botched breast enlargement as it is to fix a bad hair day. Find a trusted surgeon with lots of great reviews and a good reputation. If you can’t afford the high prices, you should reconsider getting a breast enlargement through surgery.
How do you know when you’ve found the right doctor? What are some signs that this is a qualified professional with high standards? There are some things that can help you with your hunt for a good plastic surgeon to perform your breast enlargement.
Things to do and good signs to look out for:
- Check the board certification of the surgeon. If they don’t have proper credentials specifically for plastic surgery, don’t bother with them.
- Look at their specialty. Do they specialize in breast enlargement or mostly rhinoplasty? You would most likely want a doctor that specializes in the procedure that you are looking for.
- Look at their style and portfolio. Plastic surgeons can also be considered artists. Much like tattoo artists, you want to make sure that you find a surgeon who has the style and expertise that you desire. Look at as many before-and-after photos of their work that you can. Look at reviews from their clients. Ask them details about their procedures, and what they aim to achieve with each patient.
- Shop around. Research more than just a few doctors. Look at dozens of them, and narrow it down to a few that you can then interview through a consultation. Travel if you must, because you do not want to settle.
- Check out the facility. It’s important to make sure that the facility is clean and certified, and that they have proper safety procedures and emergency care on hand.
Consider all of the factors
You may need more than one surgery, especially if you are going from a small size to a very large one, or if you want a revision down the road. At the same time, recovery isn’t the same for everyone. Complications can include the chance of extra scar tissue, rupturing of the implants, infection, changes in breast or nipple sensitivity, wrongful placement of the implants, just to name a few. You may also realize you don’t like what you got. How will people look at you? Will it affect your posture and back? Consider everything.
Make sure you tell your doctor everything about you. Speak with your plastic surgeon about every single medication you are taking, including vitamins and supplements. The professionals behind this website explain that some medications can interfere with the anesthetics or recovery. Let them know if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Don’t leave out any type of medical history. Your health and safety must be a top priority. You may also want a breast lift, or an areola reduction, as this option is less invasive.
Breast enlargement surgery is invasive and comes with risks. Are there any more natural ways to go about this? There may be other options to consider.
Breast Enlargement: Natural Options
In contrast to invasive cosmetic surgery, it is possible to enlarge your breasts through natural remedies. These options do take longer to see results, and the results may not be as noticeable, however, there are many benefits to choosing this route. Some options include estrogen tablets, serums, creams, exercises, and more. Listed below are a few key points to consider.
Some Benefits of Natural Breast Enlargement:
- Shorter or no recovery period.
- Feels more natural.
- Safe for men and women.
- Much more affordable.
The most important thing you can do when considering breast enlargement, whether you are female, male, or transgender, is to weigh all of your options. Perhaps you would like to try natural options and then move to breast implants via surgery if you aren’t happy with the natural results.
Either way, make sure you speak to your doctor regarding any changes you want to make and make sure they are safe for you. Everybody is different, and you must find what’s best for you.
Dallas Dorrall is passionate about music and is living her dream managing and promoting Nashville/Muscle Shoals based Country Music Artist, Johnny Collier, currently touring the US. While traveling, she enjoys reviewing new artists, restaurants and nightclubs. Dallas is crazy about her family and friends and attributes her enthusiasm for life to a quote by Marianne Williamson (which she still reads every day) entitled “Our Deepest Fear”.